GE takes a look at the stories behind some of the entries shortlisted for June’s Ground Engineering Awards.
The 2018 Ground Engineering Awards is set to be the largest celebration of geotechnical excellence and innovation yet, with new categories, new judges and the10th anniversary of the awards to celebrate.
Just getting onto the shortlist this year was an achievement with a number of entries demonstrating the wide range of challenges overcome by the sector in the past 12 months.
With a few months to go until the winners are announced, GE has taken a closer look at the shortlists.
A round-up of the shortlists
- Award for Equipment Innovation
- Award for Technical Excellence
- Award for Technical Innovation sponsored by Frugo
- Consulting Firm of the Year sponsored by BauerTechnologies
- Contractor of the Year sponsored by Dywidag Systems International
- Geoenvironmental Project of the Year
- Ground Investigation Project of the Year sponsored by Geobear
- Ground Investigaton Specialist of the Year
- Health and Safety Award sponsored by Tarmac
- International Project of the Year sponsored by Bam Ritchies
- Project of the Decade sponsored by Kelbray
- Rising Star Award sponsored by Westpile
- Sustainability Award sponsored by Cleveland Steel
- UK Geotechnical Team of the year sponsored by Spie Fondations
- UK Project with a Geotechnical Value of up to £1M sponsored by Keller
- UK Project with a Geotechnical Value of between £1M and £3M sponsored by Groundforce Shorco
- UK Project with a Geotechnical Value of between £3M and £15M
- UK Project with a Geotechnical Value of over £15M
Each finalists’ submission is testament to the passion and dedication they have for their work and the industry as a whole.
All of the shortlist will gather at GE’s office in London in April to present their entries in detail during the face to face judging phase. Over 50 judges, made up industry clients, leading academics and industry specialists will ensure the integrityof the process.
Winners will be announced at an exclusive ceremony on the 6 June the Hilton Hotel on London’s Park Lane. For more information about the awards ceremony and to book a table visit the GE Awards website.