The British Geotechnical Association’s (BGA) Piling 2020 conference is now open for abstract submission, ahead of the event next year.
The two-day international conference, organised by the BGA with support from the Federation of Piling Specialists (FPS), will be held at Durham University will be held on 15 and 16 September 2020.
The conference is the second of the BGA’s new biennial conference events and follows on from the Chalk 2018 conference held in September last year.
The Piling 2020 conference will cover practice and research related to offshore and onshore piling and topics will include:
- Temporary works including the design and construction of piling platforms
- Developments in pile installation and methods of construction including support systems
- The design and construction of piled foundation systems for lateral and/or vertical loading
- Research on piling and piled systems.
- Embedded pile retaining systems
- Case histories of pile construction and performance
- Materials used in pile construction (environmental, sustainability, embodied carbon)
- Geological hazards
- Testing, related to pile performance and for design (integrity and load bearing)
- Instrumentation used in pile construction and testing
- Sustainability (wind farms, thermally active piles etc.)
- Use of digital technology
- Future engineering issues related to piling
- Health and safety
- The management and procurement of piling contracts.
Abstracts for papers or posters need to be submitted via the conference website before 30 April 2019.