Unsupported browser

For a better experience, please update your browser to its latest version.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Fugro wins Gulf of Mexico seabed investigation contract

Fugro owned Seabed Geosolutions has been awarded a series of 4D ocean bottom node (OBN) seismic monitoring surveys in oil and gas fields in the US Gulf of Mexico.

The surveys will take around two months and start later this year. The data collected will be used for detailed reservoir characterisation, monitoring of the impact of production and detection of potential geohazards.

Seabed Geosolutions CEO Stephan Midenet said: “With this recent award, we believe we have secured solid backlog for the Case Abyss crew and the Hugin Explorer vessel, while enabling us to work for a world class customer and placing our assets in a geographic market with substantial contracting opportunities.

“We are excited to be collaborating with this industry-leading customer for the first time in the Gulf of Mexico and look forward to a successful project. 

Seabed Geosolutions is 60% owned by Fugro, with the remaining 40% is owned by CGG.

 

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.